Resilienz - a catalyst for positive climate action.
Here are some of our recent projects.
- Major submission to the Productivity Commission on transitioning to a low-emissions economy. Resilienz made a 40-page submission in response to the Productivity Commission consultation on its draft Low-Emissions economy report. (2018)
- Advocacy to and liaison with government agencies on consistency of climate change terminology, (Current)
- Addressing climate change in the draft Nelson Plan - Working with Nelson City Council to intensify the way that the present Draft Regional Policy Statement of the Nelson Plan engages with climate change issues. (2017)
- Sustainable transportation experiment - Working with Tasman District Council and Nelson City Council to develop an experimental sustainable transport initiative. (2018)
- “Towards better Civic Decision-Making on Climate Change” - Paper presented to the EU Ramses “Cities and Climate” Conference, Potsdam, Germany, September 2017
- Information capture for local authorities – During his 2017 environmental study tour to Germany, Lindsay was briefed by Nelson City Council and Tasman District Council to identify and report on climate change information relevant to their jurisdiction. (2018)
architecture and construction
- Experimental Greenstar rated tiny house project - including Cradle to Cradle philosophy design and detailing, innovative heat storage, experimental grey water disposal. (Current)
- NZ Green Building Council 6-star medium density housing - Strategic assistance to a development company planning 6-star rated medium density housing in Auckland. (Current)
- Environmental assessment software - The extension of current cost-estimating software to include environmental assessment of proposed building projects. (Current)
- Experimental dwelling, Nelson - design and construction of an experimental environmental dwelling featuring experimental wall construction, extensive recycling, composting toilet, net-positive energy contribution, and very high thermal performance. (2014)
- Environmental design advice, eco-houses, Nelson - Review of design proposals and environmental features of environmental houses in Nelson (various).
- Reducing concrete in house foundations - Research project targetting the elimination of redundant concrete in residential house construction (Current).
- Climate awareness in executive recruitment - Development of questionnaire for major recruitment consultancy.(Current)
- Report for a major building company on offsetting the carbon content of new houses. (2018)
- Planet-friendly travel - Climate change info-pack for a travel agency. For use with staff and clients. (Current )
- Contributor to articles on leadership and climate change, (Current)
- Environmental study tour 2018 - Proposed to include 3 conferences, 1 transportation expo, numerous specialist visits. (Future)
- Environmental and urban design articles - e.g. the Future Focus series written for Fairfax Media/Stuff February 2017 to translate findings of a 2016 study tour into a local context. Link here.
- Environmental study tour, Germany, 2017 - including participation at three environmental conferences, and 13 specialist visits and meetings, ranging from airport decarbonisation to electric bike freight systems. Link here.
- Net zero carbon by 2034 - Developing a strategy for a community of 32 people to become carbon neutral in half the time the New Zealand government has set the country. (Current)
- Development of integrated tree planting, educational and sequestration programme. Nelson/Tasman region. (Current)
- Food waste recovery, Nelson - Pioneer of a supermarket greenwaste recovery system that evolved into the Nelson Environment Centre Kai Rescue scheme. Link here.